Keywords: update pbp
Description: It is important to update PSP firmware to correct bugs, add features or play new video games. The PSP is one of the most popular gaming consoles available today. There are two ways to update PSP firmware - through the network or with a PC. In order to...
You should update the firmware on your PSP to correct bugs and faults, add new features and play new games.
- Download the new firmware EBOOT.PBP http://www.us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psp
- Connect the PSP to the PC using the USB cable supplied with the console purchase.
- Turn on the PSP and go to Settings > USB Connection, then press the X button to activate the USB mode.
- The PC should recognize the PSP as a USB stick / external hard drive.
- Access the PSP from your computer and save the downloaded file in the following location: \ PSP \ GAME \ UPDATE \ EBOOT.PBP
- If the necessary folders don't already exist, create them
- Disconnect the PSP from the PC. Connect the charger to the PSP.
- Press the Circle button to exit USB mode and go to Game > Memory Stick
- Press the X button
- Select the update and confirm with the X button
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- After the update, you can delete the file EBOOT.PBP