Xenpak 10gb sr
Keywords: xenpak 10gb sr
Description: Cisco GSS 4492R Global Site Selector is part of the Cisco ACE Application Control Engine family.
The range of Cisco ® 10GBASE XENPAK modules offers a wide variety of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, enterprise wiring closet, and service provider transport applications (Figure 1).
● Hot-swappable input/output device plugs into an Ethernet XENPAK port of a Cisco switch or router to link the port with the network
● Supports the Cisco quality identification feature that enables a Cisco switch or router to identify whether the module is a Cisco certified and tested XENPAK module
● Cisco XENPAK-10GB-LRM: Supports link lengths 220m on standard FDDI-grade multimode fiber (MMF). To ensure that specifications are met over FDDI-grade, OM1 and OM2 fibers, the transmitter should be coupled through a mode conditioning patch cord. No mode conditioning patch cord is required for applications over OM3. For additional information on mode conditioning patch cord requirements please see: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/product_bulletin_c25-530836.html .
The Cisco 10GBASE-LRM Module also supports link lengths of 300m on standard single-mode fiber (SMF, G.652).
● Cisco XENPAK-10GB-SR: Supports a link length of 26m on standard FDDI grade MMF. Up to 300m link lengths are possible when using 2000 MHz/km MMF (OM3). Up to 400m link lengths are possible when using 4700 MHz/km MMF (OM4).
● Cisco XENPAK-10GB-LR+: Supports a link length of 10 km on standard single-mode fiber (SMF) (G.652).
● Cisco XENPAK-10GB-ZR: Supports link lengths of up to about 80 km on SMF. This interface is not part of the 10 Gigabyte Ethernet standard but is built according to Cisco optical specifications.
Cisco XENPAK modules are supported on Cisco switches and routers. For more details, refer to the 10-Gigabit compatibility matrix: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6974.pdf
Note: Only connections with patch cords with PC or UPC connectors are supported. Patch cords with APC connectors are not supported. All cables and cable assemblies used must be compliant with the standards specified in the standards section.