Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce
Keywords: Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce
Description: As per Archivio Storico Alfa Romeo: According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 298406 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce RHD (105.37), manufactured on
As per Archivio Storico Alfa Romeo: According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 298406 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce RHD (105.37), manufactured on the 2nd August 1966 and sold on the 30th August 1966 to Alfa Romeo from London, U.K. The body colour is Alfa red (AR 501), with black skai interiors.
The vehicle looks original on the outside but has numerous ‘upgrades’ under the hood. All these upgrades are reversible and I have the following items which will be sold with the vehicle:
The only modifications that will be a little trickier to undo are the mods to the O/S inner wing (to accommodate the plenum chamber) and the upgraded prop centre mount.
She is not a trailer queen and is not about to win the next Concours d’Elegance – but was built as an reliable, usable everyday driver.
The vehicle was purchased by my wife’s great uncle around 1975 in Cornwall. He drove it home and immediately took it off the road realising that (even at this early point) it needed a bit of welding to the sills. The chap is best described as an eccentric – he completely stripped the vehicle – carefully labelling and boxing all the parts before dry storing it. He never touched it again.
I bought the ‘project’ in 2004 and set about restoring the vehicle. This included a complete media blast of the shell. The shell needed very little welding and still has its original floor pans, front cross member, boot floor etc. Apart from a little bit of work around the front jacking points, most of the welding was to the sills and rear arches.
• Stock 2.0lt Alfa 75 engine running on standard 75 Motronic EFI (very reliable and economic) – original engine comes with the car
• ATE rear callipers rebuilt by Bigg Red a couple of months ago, new disks – original Dunlop brakes come with the car
• 75 Brembo alloy front callipers rebuilt by Bigg Red a couple of months ago fitted to later uprights, new drilled and grooved disks – original Dunlop uprights, disks and callipers come with the car
• Alfaholics aluminium radiator, custom aluminium cowling, electronic cooling fan and thermal switch, BMW ‘stat and silicone hoses
• Retro sounds stereo with 4 speakers – two tucked under the dash and 2 on the rear parcel shelf – no aerial fitted (used with ipod only)
• Completely original interior in excellent condition – the only work done on the interior was to re-pad the driver’s seat
• Rear axle has play in both bearings, a slight oil leak and the bolt holes in the drive flange are slightly oval. I have acquired a good non-LSD 1750 axle that will come with the sale – my plan was to swap them over and then rebuild the 4.3 LSD
• VVT actuator not working – nothing wrong with the actuator (I have a spare) – I think it is simply an incorrect or faulty relay
• Throttle pedal does not open the throttle quite to 100% – need to adjust the arm, cable or throttle body to get a tiny bit more movement
• I was never 100% happy with the paint job – it looks great but the panels are not as flat as I would like
• I hit a hare at speed about a year ago – impact under the front bumper. I pushed the dent out and it looks fine – but I think it could do with a little more work if I was being picky
• There is a small bubble in the bonnet – this was the one panel what we didn’t take back to bare metal (on the top face) and the new paint looks to have reacted with the old
I would strongly suggest that if you are interested you come and take a good look. The vehicle is currently in Hay-on-Wye (HR3 5DB) and all the spare parts are 20 miles away in Brecon (LD3 8LA). I may well move it to Brecon as viewing it will be easier there.
Photogallery Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce:
ALFA ROMEO Alfasud Sprint Veloce - 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980 ...
Alfa Romeo Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.3 Coupé :: 1 photo and 67 specs ...
Auction results and data for 1956 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint ...
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Veloce
1959 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Veloce Images. Photo ...
FS: 1962 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Veloce Sprint - Alfa Romeo Bulletin ...
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Veloce High Resolution Image (1 of 1)
alfa romeo sud | CarFian
Alfa Romeo Alfetta Sprint Veloce
alfa Romeo sprint veloce 1.5l - Autres Modèles Alfa Romeo - Forum ...
Simon Cars - Alfa-Romeo Duetto
Simon Cars - Alfa-Romeo Giulietta
1958 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Veloce Sprint (SVZ, 750 Series, Sprint ...
1956 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Veloce Images. Photo ...
Alfa Romeo Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5 Plus Wallpapers | Cool Cars ...
Alfa Romeo Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.3 (1978) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
SUPERCARS.NET - Image Gallery for 1956 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint ...
Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce vs. BMW 2002 | Hemmings Motor News